What We Need to Prepare Your Personal Tax Return

So that we can efficiently prepare your personal income tax return, please provide us with the following information (where applicable):

  • A copy of the previous year’s tax return and Notice of Assessment from CRA (for new clients)
  • Details of any foreign property you own costing more than $100,000Cdn
  • All tax slips received for the year (T4, T5, T4AOAS, RRSP etc)
  • Details of any rental property income and related expenses
  • Investment statements for the year, or the year-end summary of gains and losses
  • For self-employed individuals, a summary of all business income and related expenses
  • Details of any investment counsel fees or interest paid on money borrowed to earn investment income
  • Tuition receipts for yourself or your dependants
  • Charitable donation receipts
  • Child care expense details
  • Receipts for all medical expenses that you have not been reimbursed for
  • Statement of tax instalments made (if any)
  • If you have moved, changed marital status or had a baby, please provide us with details

If you or your dependant has an impairment in physical or mental functions, you may be eligible for certain tax credits. We can help you determine whether you qualify for these credits.